Lions' Bridge Square - SOFIA, BULGARIA
Lions' Bridge (Bulgarian: Лъвов мост; Lavov most) is a bridge over the Vladaya River in the centre of Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, built 1889–1891 by Czech architect Václav Prošek, his brother Jozef and his cousins Bohdan and Jiří. It gives the name to the important and busy junction of Marie Louise Boulevard and Slivnitsa Boulevard, at which it is located, connecting the Central Railway Station with the city centre and marking its northern border.
The name of Lions' Bridge comes from the four bronze sculptures of lions, its most recognizable feature.
For more information visit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lions%27_Bridge,_Sofia
Post a Comment